Sunday, May 12, 2019

Ali is 18: Part 2

The week got away from me, but Alison's 18th just kept getting better. Jeff came home and we opened family gifts once her friends left. As all good birthdays go, it started early and didn't end for a while.

Monday was a trip to the IMAX theater to see "Avengers End Game." Ali and Jeff have seen every Marvel movie ever made, and I've seen most of them. They laugh at me when I get something wrong as only serious Marvel nerds can do. It was super fun. Ali had seen it already and was hawk-eyed, watching Jeff for the big moments.

We all love it, and I don't care that they think my contention that that the Avengers would be seriously bad for the environment is a bad assessment of the franchise.

On Tuesday, Ali exercised her new right to vote and met our long-time precinct committee woman who was pleased to have another Democrat to add to the polling list.

She was slightly late to school, but when she flashed her sticker, "The teachers fawned all over me," so I didn't even get an email ratting her out for her tardiness.

We had dinner with Aunt La that evening and Ali was surprised with another extravagant addition to her jewelry box. "All my good jewelry has come from you," Ali breathed as she inserted  her new earrings. "Well, some from Grammie. And Mom. But yours is special like that."

All in all, a great birthday. And now we have an adult...



No comments: