Sunday, June 14, 2009

Making up



Alison has never been greatly interested in dolls -- Barbies or otherwise -- but does have an on-again, off-again fascination with make-up.

This weekend, it was on-again. Most of her make-up comes from her Aunt Nancy, who's taken up the Avon, Calling! trade from my mom. Between Nancy and various birthday parties, she has quite a cosmetic arsenal.

She has a bit of a heavy hand with the blush and she hasn't quite perfected her brush technique with the nail polish but it's fun to see her so focused.

"Mom, can I be the one to do your manicures from now on?" she asked.

"You mean, like instead of going to BR Nails?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said, serious as she could be.

"OK," I say, thinking, "Hmmmm: what am I going to do come Monday.?"

She's since confiscated all of my nail polish and put it in her little Fisher Price make-up desk. She's pretty serious about it.


No comments: