Sunday, March 2, 2008

PhotoShoot Sunday



With 20 days to go before we officially shut the door on winter, a beautiful Spring day came to Indianapolis today. We took a long walk and even sweated a little bit under what felt like a blissfully blazing sun. We made the most of it because snow is back in the forecast this week. Hopefully the local meteorologists will continue their losing streak when it comes to weather predictions.

We had dinner last night with Jim and Margaret Burlingame and Lois Stewart and Norm Young. All was going well when we realized it was 10:15 and Alison, who was with us, was still up and going strong. As we gathered our things to leave, Ali had a run-in with Daisy the dog.

Alison's never been a huge fan of dogs in real life but she's tried with Daisy, and Daisy loves Alison like she loves everyone who comes her way. I would like to find a way to help Ali lose her fear, but it seems to have come with the package. Daisy is a great dog -- still a puppy, really. I'm hoping that we can keep getting them together and maybe get Alison to stop being afraid from the outset.

While I was rescuing Alison, Jeff continued packing up our stuff and I'm confessing now that he (I'm blaming him) came home with more than we brought. The first I knew of it was a dinner tonight when Jeff thanked me for buying sun-dried tomatoes because they really made a difference in the salad. So stop looking for them, Margaret. They're not in your fridge anymore. Sorry..... (The cake was great, too.) I'll check Jeff's pockets for other stuff, too, and report back.

On a less criminal note, Ali and Jeff had a father/daughter dance courtesy of the local Brownies. They dressed up -- a little -- like cowgirl and cowboy and headed off for their date while I worked on a little project at home. As I was helping Alison get ready, I said something about how I used to be Dad's favorite date but that she was taking my place.

Disgusted, she made a face and said "Ugh, Mom. It's not a "love" date!"?" When she said "love," she drew a heart with her fingers.

I'm not sure when the kids started doing that, but it was pretty funny.

She tickled her Grandpa, too, when she was telling him about the circus she'd seen on a class trip and had discovered that one of the trapeze artists was named Alison. He asked her if she wanted to be up in the air flying around with the other Alison.

"No, Grandpa," she replied. "I'm not a trained professional."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring? Explain that concept. I spent the day shovelling snow over my head to get it out of the driveway (and I'm not exaggerating). The clothesline strings are now about 2-1/2 feet above the snowline so if Alison runs out of errands to help you with, she can come help Auntie Jen with laundry. Send some of that sweatie weather this way!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Maybe you should move to Indiana....