Monday, February 4, 2008

PhotoShoot Monday February 4, 2008


So I didn't die yesterday, although there were times I may have crossed over. I'm way better now.

Alison came home from a fabulous sleepover with the Ogdens and took it upon herself to help me recover. She had one tip and one remedy.

The tip:
"Laughter is the very best medicine, Mommy."

The remedy:
The Scooby Doo SuperDoo Marathon while snuggling.

As we indulged in Scooby Doo and bed, I asked Ali about something she'd said the previous day after she'd felt a little put upon by the parents. As she sipped her tomato soup, she informed me that she just might run away if things didn't improve for her. I asked her where she thought she would go and she thought maybe Toys R Us or maybe Florida. We talked about some other options, but she got distracted when she remembered something about her pet shops.

So yesterday, in bed, I asked her why she'd suddenly begun talking about running away from home. It was a cartoon character that had given her the idea. I asked her again where she thought she might run to and she had a different answer.

"I'd go to some rich family's house," she said.

Why? Because she could buy more Littlest Pet Shops, of course.

What made her think some rich family would take her in?

She looked at me askance and pointed to her head. "Red hair, Mom. You can't find too many red-haired girls out there."

I think that conversation was the start of my recovery. Laughter truly does have medicinal value. If you ever fall prey to sickness, let me know and I'll send her over.

The photo is from her Crazy Dress Day last week.

No comments: