Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lights, Camera, Jeff Reed!

Jeff Reed has hit the airwaves in Philadelphia, and he may be appearing in Miami, Columbus, Cincinnati, Scranton and Dayton soon, too. You can see him in two segments, one on ticket brokers and the other on whether to go DIY or call in a pro. He's not the star, but you know even George Clooney started out as an extra. (I totally made that up. Don't tell George. Or Jeff for that matter...)

While I think he's excited about his TV debut, it was a lot of work and a big favor for me for Jeff to putter around and let us film him for Angie's List segments. He does love to get out his tool box.

Jeff joins a long list of friends who've let me use their homes as backdrops for our TV partners. Jonathan Swain, who I followed to Angie's List, started this tradition of calling on friends to help with the segments. (I wonder if it was my kick-ass performance on a Channel 8 segment on wedding that got me this gig...?) I keep thinking we should just buy his house here and use it as a set, but that wouldn't be as much fun for me.

"Using" friends essentially means I get paid to hang out my peeps. So far, Bobby Small, Peggy Boehm, Karin Ogden, along with Margaret, Jim and even Daisy Burlingame have helped us out. If you're not on this list, your time is coming. (This is your only warning: if I call you during work day and you pick up, I'll assume your answer is yes.)

Uh-oh, I've got to run. Ali just popped in to say she's conducting an experiment to see if plants will grow in her Moon Sand. Photoshoot to follow...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, the consumer protection stories we see on our trusted local TV news are actually prepackaged promotional materials made by PR experts, using 'plants' with unacknowledged ties to the company as actors? I am shocked and appalled.

Cheryl said...

Au contraire, my cynical friend! We provide useful consumer information, backed by research and information from our members and service companies. Sometimes it helps to have a visual.

BTW: I looked at your house on Google maps last night. I think you need to take a look at that roof. I'll send you our tips on ladder safety if you want...