Sunday, April 10, 2016

Brr

What's the only thing that can wreck a week in paradise? Coming back to winter in spring. What is up Mother Nature's behind this week?!  My poor tulips are shivering, the magnolia blooms are frozen flakes and none of the plants knows what to do.

Ugh. So wrong.  Needless to say, we've mostly been huddled in the house. Ali and I are lazy. Jeff was studying up for his latest baseball draft, which took up most of today. I managed to get to the gym but mostly it's been another day hiding from the cold.

Pancakes and Chris Austin forced me out of the house Saturday. We usually have lunch pancakes during the work week, but Ali had a sleepover and Jeff was consumed by baseball so we agreed to meet before he was planning to attend a rally for women's rights. I invited myself to it somewhere between my second and third cup of coffee.

I was glad I went. Not just because I need to get more active, but because it was a great thing to see so many people of such diverse political philosophies coming together for a common cause.

Stay warm!



No comments: