Sunday, June 13, 2010

RIP Miss Cheryl


We read "Dinner with Dracula, A Spine-Tingling Collection of Frighteningly Funny Poems" the other night.

We took turns reading of creepy creatures and vampire brats, Frankenswine and dads who turned into werewolves. It was a lot of fun. As she was getting herself ready for sleep, her father wished her sweet dreams.

"Oh Dad, I will rest in peace," she said, crossing her arms across her chest and closing her eyes.

***

I'd like to say the book inspired her bloodthirstiness later, but instead I think I'll blame Jenna Louise Tokash. We we blessed to have the sweet little tyke for a sleepover Saturday and this afternoon, I was driving the girls to the pool of our neighbor's mother's apartment complex. I'd helped them gather water guns, thinking they might need some toys. We were following my neighbor and her daughter, Chelsea.

Jenna and Ali were using the guns to "shoot" people along the route. Problem was, there weren't any pedestrians.

"We could shoot your mom," suggested Jenna.

"Uh, Jenna. She's our driver. Plus, who would take care of us if we shot her? How would we get home?" Alison asked.

"Yeah, well," responded Jenna, thoughfully. "Miss Debbie would probably drive us home."

I think Jenna forgot that I haven't bought her birthday gift yet...

***

No comments: