Sunday, February 22, 2009

Funniest line of the weekend

My colleague and friend, Jackie Myers Thompson, and I have been going back and forth about a work trip that's been more on-again/off-again than most. (This one may set the all-time record frustration factor.) It's been a little maddening for both of us.

After the last go 'round when it seemed the trip was going to be rescheduled, she asked me about what to do with a potential media stop.

And here I quote," Do you think I should wait until you confirm that? Because I can't cancel and then try and reseurrect it after that."

Now, both Jackie and I are alleged PR professionals and spelling is one of the requisites of the trade. She was pretty sure she'd gotten "resurrect" wrong.

But here's the best excuse ever given for misspelling a word -- and just in time as stores start decorating for Easter:

"I can't spell reseurrect...I'm a Jew."



2 comments:

Dana said...

Too funny!
Back in the mid '80s I was the manager of Sears Portrait Studio in Bloomington. Around Easter all the moms would parade their daughters in wearing their fancy dresses for Easter. I'd always ask if it was their Easter dress, just to break the ice.

UNTIL...one little girl (who might have been 5 or 6) looked me straight in the eye and said, "I'm a JEW!"

I never asked about another dress again!

Blessings--
Dana

Anonymous said...

Ha! That'll teach you.... :)

I used to work for a woman who was orthodox and I never remembered. I was forever offering her bacon.....I LOVE bacon.