Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mouth

I had to laugh at Amy Tokash today. She's always complaining that I tell Alison too many facts of life. She seems to not care at all that Drew and Jenna will enter high school still believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Poor Drew will never masterbate: he'll be in mortal fear of blindness.

But I digress. Tonight I was talking to Amy and she was warning me not to tell Alison a small secret we have for fear that she'll tell Jenna this weekend when we're having a sleepover. And when I confessed that I'd almost slipped, she called me, and I quote, "Mouth."

Amy Louise Reed Tokash called ME, "Mouth."

That's sort of like the Grinch calling Cindy Lou Hoo "Meanie."

So of course I protested, and as a result got this story:

Drew, who just turned 9, asked his parents for a $200 hockey stick. Amy demurred and said they just couldn't justify the expense. Disappointed, Drew was sad for a moment. And then he perked up. "I know!" he said. "I'll ask Santa!"

The truth will set your wallet free, Amer...... and it'll save Drew and Jenna a world of scorn.

No comments: