Sunday, April 20, 2008

Everyone Needs an Aunt Donna

Alison has decided that she has the best Aunt Donna in the whole world, and isn't it a shame that every child doesn't have an Aunt Donna like she does.

Her infatuation stems in part from a package she received from said Aunt Donna containing a "hand-made!" set of sheets embroidered with characters from the Littlest Pet Shop line. I was driving home when she opened the package and happened to call Jeff. He handed her the phone. She was talking so fast and at such a high pitch I thought for a minute I was talking to Lynda Ruble.

All I could make sense of was "LPS!!!" and "my Aunt Donna" and "and even Tiny is on there!" amid the blur of words and squeaks.

"Honey, slow down," I said.

"MyAuntDonnasentmeapackageandithasLittlestPetShopsonit
andthey'resheetsandtwopillowcasesanditshandmadeandoh
mommyit'sLittlestPetShopsandthey'resocuuuuuuuuteIjustlovethem."

She's never going to let me take those sheets off the bed...

TBall started yesterday and Alison is ready to go. New team (White Sox) new bat, new helmet and best of all, Alex Ogden on the team, too. The first game started with a drizzle but ended up sunny. It was a hoot to watch. Both Dale Ogden and Jeff got to help out.

Ali's still dancing during the game, but she's got a tiny bit more skill this year. We'll see how it all works out.

No comments: