Thursday, August 23, 2018

Pee-eww!

It's been spectacularly humid in Indiana lately. Jeff and I went to a lovely outdoor wedding where I'm pretty sure I sweated off about five pounds. It was short-lived, though, as the dessert table was right next to us, and between that event and a few others, I consumed enough calories to tip the scales the other direction.

Speaking of sweat, the Captain and I spent most of Sunday outdoors at the Indy Women in Tech golf tournament last weekend. It was super fun but we were both dripping only a few minutes in.

We left the golf course when my niece, Jaime, called to tell me she and her daughters, Rachael and Aleasha, were on their way to my house from a visit with her father-in-law at an Indianapolis rehab center.

I should have gone straight to the shower, but with company on the way, I opted to just cool down on the couch. Jeff stayed home in the cool basement when the rest of us went to an early dinner. We used two cars because they were going to head home right after.

On the way home, I mused out loud that I still needed a shower.

"Oh yeah," my chauffeur agreed.

I looked over at her and she laughed.

"What?" she asked. "I noticed in the restaurant but I didn't say anything."

I showered pretty fast after that, but it wasn't until many hours later that Jeff came to bed. I kissed him, as I normally do, but it was late and I was nearly asleep, so I wouldn't say it was one of my better attempts. He seemed salty but not so much that it woke me up. In the morning, he confessed that he'd delayed his shower, too, and by the time he got to bed, he'd forgotten all about our morning.

All this to say, folks, is that we stink. Sometimes literally.

No comments: