Sunday, June 24, 2018

Travels

I'm struggling with a post about my visit to Monticello. So instead, I'm going to post some happy photos from recent travels. Jeff and I went to Virginia to spend a few days with Denise McFadden and Scott Cunningham. We went by way of Maryland so we could make some highly necessary craft beer stops.

We had a fabulous visit -- met new people and had amazing meals. Can't wait to go back.


The road to Denise & Scott's Virginia farm. It's even more idyllic than this shot.
This is the view from the front yard. It's a wonder how they ever leave...


Alison returned last week from 10 days in Berlin, Prague, Krakow and Budapest. She had an amazing time. This is her with a few of her friends. Notice they aren't looking back longingly at the families they're leaving behind...

She did return, however, and we were all happy to see each other.


And here's a happy flower from the yard. I'm working on getting to a place where I'm equally sunshiny. Current events -- and that fascinating trip to Monticello -- is making it difficult...









No comments: