Saturday, February 3, 2018

Discover BookGrabbr and help a friend out?

I spent the better part of last year writing. It was glorious. Amazing. Hard at times, but wonderful.


Now comes the really hard part: selling it when I don't have an agent, an established publishing house and a ton of money to pay for those things. I'm trying something that's new to me, and hopefully new to you, too.

It's a site called BookGrabbr, and it lets readers access a ton of books in exchange sharing the word about those books on Facebook, Linked in or Twitter. You share and you get to read all or part of the book at no cost.

It's good for readers because well: free.

It's good for authors because the books get shared among folks beyond their inner circle. I'd be grateful if you'd consider becoming a "grabbr" and spreading the word about Retribution.  Yes, I know: I hate misspellings, too, but not so much that I won't use it.

Here's what you do: 

1. Click on this link to the BookGrabbr site to see how it works and how you can use it well beyond just helping me out. Some authors only give you previews, others give you the whole thing. The idea is to get you hooked, of course. By giving away a limited number of my books, I'm hoping to hook new readers into buying the rest of the trilogy. If I can get some more momentum going, Book 4 could become a reality and not just something stuck in my head.

2. Either search that site for me or use this link to find Retribution on BookGrabbr. Feel free to send it along to folks who haven't yet discovered Claymont and what lies below the surface of the little Indiana town. And then peruse the titles to see what else you might want to read. For free!

Now, a word about my inner circle:

If you've read my book, told someone to read it or asked me keep writing, I will be forever grateful. Especially those of you for whom this is NOT your kind of read. Just yesterday, I was gobsmacked by a friend who told me she was reading it. I blurted out, "Uh, this isn't your kind of book."

We were both blushing a bit when she said she was a third of the way through it. "I wanted to support you," she said.

She's not alone. And I'm grateful for each and every one of you. Seriously. It might have been a lifelong dream to write, but putting stuff out there is scary. I know it's not for everyone, and I might have a different kind of book one day. One that might make you laugh more than gasp.

For now, I just want to say thank you to those who bought it just because I wrote it. And to those who bought it just because I wrote it and found you liked the characters enough to keep reading -- and even ask for more.

Happy reading! And sharing... Here's the raw link in case you just want to copy and paste it...
https://bookgrabbr.com/books/63150-retribution



No comments: