Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Memorial Day weekend!


I'm posting early this weekend because it's going to be a whirlwind of activity.

JoAnna Elaine Strahla graduates from Shakamak High School today. She's the class president and salutatorian, star athlete and student and bound for Butler University, which is within biking distance of my house. We're all really proud of her. I'm counting on seeing her a lot more starting in the fall, and if it's only for laundry day and her own, private shower facility, I'm OK with that.

My favorite picture of Annie is when she was about three-years-old. It was Halloween and she had her dinosaur costume on. She had been sent to the corner for misbehavior. I can't remember what she did, but it's a great photo. I'll have to find it somewhere. She's all grown up now. (heavy sigh.) And I guess she's still kind of fun...

Tomorrow there's a little race going on here in Indianapolis and Angie's List is going to have a presence. Cheer for Oriol Servia and his # 5 car, the Angie's List Special. I met him Thursday out at the track, along with his team co-owner, Jimmy Vasser. Way cool.

It's hard to be distracted from the subject of racing when you're at the Speedway. But I managed it. While I was working on getting the car introduced to the world, I was in the midst of work involved with Angie's appearance -- tomorrow -- on The Today Show Weekend edition. My gal pal Jackie Meyers Thompson has been wooing the show for us, and we're stoked about it.

Today, I'm hoping to re-introduce myself to my immediate family. I've not been home much this week, and when I've been here, I've been working. I'm lucky they're still speaking to me.

We're hoping to get away for some fun at a new getaway Sunday afternoon -- our friend Lisa's mother's new lake house near Columbus. Lynn' (Lisa's cool mom) is our friend, too -- and our Kahn's Fine wine connection.

Hope you're bound for fun this weekend, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear we're getting another great student at BU! We'll take care of her for you. :)

Brad @ BU
Office of Admission